INSTALL TIME 1-3 HOURS depending on skill level.
PROFFESIONAL INSTALLATION RECOMMENDED. We are not responsible for any damage, to your car, product, self and or others.
***The black bolts provided (to help hide the hardware) will rust if you don't coat them with a clear coat.***
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!! and take your time.
1. Follow the exact placement location (based on your model) that are demonstrated in my pictures. If you don’t, it won’t fit the way it was designed to. THIS IS CRITICAL!!
2. Place rubber edge guards on the inside of the canard (side touching the bumper). This will help protect from scratches AND will also allow you to adjust the guard to fill any small gaps between the canard and the bumper.
3. Bolt on the brackets to the canards. Each canard uses 3 brackets (dont mind the picture below that shows 4, since that was still a prototype).
4. FIND THE PERFECT PLACEMENT FOR THE CANARDS by Placing the canard on the bumper. SINCE the canards are extra-long, you will need to bend each bracket in ward from a "L" to a almost a "V" to have the canards sit flush on the bumper. Take your time on this! Do them 1 at a time and bend in small increments (picture below will demonstrate this).
5. Once you find the mounting location and tweak the brackets, use a marker to mark the 3 points you are going to drill.
6. Drill the holes using a 1/4" bit, but DON’T DRILL DEEP! The bumper is thin.
7. Any gaps between the canard and bumper can be closed with the rubber edge trim.
8. In order for you to place and tighten nut behind the bumper, you will need to remove the headlights and belly pan. You can also remove the bumper.
If you decide to remove the bumper. PLEASE get the canard perfectly situated and ready to bolt beforehand!! ... Removing the bumper from the car makes it wobbly and difficult to work with, so you should only remove it to apply the washer and nuts.
*PLEASE NOTE: The Focus RS bumper will need to be removed, but only remove it after you drill the holes. Also the 2015+ Focus ST bumper will have to be removed if you have the plastic oem bumper brace.
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE BUMPER UNTIL YOU FIT THE CANARDS UP AGAINST THE BUMPER AND BEND THE BRACKETS. The bumper will be too flimsy to make the proper adjustments.
Again - The black bolts provided (to help hide the hardware) will rust if you don't coat them with a clear coat.
FOLLOW THE PLACEMENT (PICTURE SHOWS 13/14 FOST)
Follow the placement.
bend the canard brackets inward from a L to almost a V in shape (towards the outside of the canard). until all 3 brackets allow the canard to sit flush to the bumper. The reason for this is the canards are longer than most canards. Since the canards follows the bumper, the angles change. This requires you to bend each bracket. Take your time on this!!
Also, as you can see in the picture, the rubber trim is sandwhiched in between the bracket and canard.